Home > Latest News > Latest News > Food >

Coconut drink importer fined over labelling after child’s death

November 25, 2015
Latest News

1447825558776 (1)A Sydney food importer whose coconut drink has been linked to the death by anaphylactic reaction of a 10 year old boy from Melbourne has been fined $18,000.

The company Narkena Pty Ltd from western Sydney had previously pleaded guilty to three charges relating to packing and labelling of the drink called Greentime Natural Coconut Drink imported from Taiwan.

Following the death of the child in December 2013, the product was recalled.

Click here for the full article

Published by: The Sydney Morning Herald 18 November 2015